Sunday, May 4, 2008

Trying Something New

So then, later in the week on a whim I decided I wanted to know more about ear candeling...something I had heard about a couple years ago. I asked my friend Matt if he had heard of it before and he had actually done it!!! So off to the store we went and I came home with 2 sets of ear candles or cones. They're these wierd kind of long hollow candles with a cone on the bottom that you put in your ears. The heat and the seal work to pull nasty stuff out of your ears. So...here's Daniel doing it

When it burns down to a couple of inches from your head you take it out, cut it open and see all the sick stuff. The dark orange I thnk is wax and then there's all of this dusty stuff that I'm not sure what it is but Daniel had a lot and I had a little.

(My 2 are on the left and Daniel's are on the right...sick, I can't believe I'm showing these)


It was a wierd sort of feeling. I've had a lot of fluid in my ears and I could really feel something in my throat like drainage when I was doing it. It felt itchy and tickly at the same time...weird stuff. The next morning I really felt like the drained side was a lot clearer. I'm excited to try it again.

No comments: